You might have been curious about which department of the Nigerian military is paid the most. You probably even looked it up online, which is why you’ve found this website. You don’t need to worry since you’ve come to the proper place. We’ll let you know which branch of our armed forces makes the most money in this article. Continue reading this article till the very last punctuation point. Whether it is the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy, or Nigerian Air Force that earns the most money in the nation, you will learn about it.
To make it clear which branch of the armed forces in your country pays the most, we’ll compare their monthly salary packages. This would enable us to determine which of our armed forces receives the highest pay in Nigeria right now. We have complete knowledge of every pay scale in the Nigerian armed forces. However, we’ll summarize this data in this article as a type of comparison so you can learn firsthand which of our military branches is best compensated. Without further ado, let’s start.
HIGHEST PAID MILITARY FORCES IN NIGERIA (2022)
The top paid military personnel in Nigeria as of 2022 are as follows:
NIGERIA’S ARMY (NA)
The bulk of our armed forces are made up of the Nigerian Army, which consists of numerous army divisions. The Nigerian Army is in charge of protecting Nigeria’s land borders and preserving our territorial integrity while at war. The largest of the armed forces is the Nigerian Army. The 1st Division, 2nd Division, 3rd Armoured Division, 81st Division, 82nd Division, and the recently constructed 7th Division are among the main units.
The pay scale for all Nigerian army officers, from the lowest ranking officer to the highest ranking officer, is as follows:
- Field Marshal (5 stars) Not Disclosed
- General (4 stars) ₦1.500,500.00
- Lieutenant General (3 stars) ₦1.000,500.00
- Major General (2 stars) ₦950,500
- Brigadier General (1 star) ₦750,500
- Colonel ₦550,500
- Lieutenant Colonel ₦350,500
- Major ₦300,500
- Captain ₦220,500
- Lieutenant ₦180,500
- Second Lieutenant ₦120,500
NON COMMISSIONED OFFICERS
- Master Warrant Officer ₦100,500.00
- Warrant Officer ₦90,000
- Staff Sergeant ₦80,000
- Sergeant ₦70,000
- Corporal ₦60,000
- Lance Corporal ₦55,500
- Private ₦49,500
- Recruit Not Disclosed.
The Nigerian Army is depicted in the table above. We should proceed to the Nigerian Navy.
NIGERIA’S NAVY (NN)
An arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces responsible with defending the nation at sea is the Nigerian Navy (NN). The protection of our territorial waterways is the responsibility of the Nigerian Navy. The military is divided into several command centers to ensure efficient operation within the Federation.
The Naval Headquarters in Abuja, three operational commands with headquarters in Lagos, Calabar, and Bayelsa make up the Nigerian Navy’s command organization at the moment.
From the lowest ranking officer to the highest ranking officer, the following table lists the current monthly salaries for all Nigerian Navy officers. There are currently twelve positions beneath commissioned officers, and we’ve highlighted those ranks below, along with some of these officials’ annual salaries. The Nigerian Navy’s Salary Structure is shown below:
- Admiral ₦1,728,593 monthly
- Vice-Admiral ₦1,496,791 as monthly
- Rear Admiral ₦1,376,053 as monthly
- Commodore ₦744,756 monthly salary
- Captain Commander ₦459,004 monthly
- Lieutenant Commander ₦293,458 as monthly
- Sub-Lieutenant ₦219,470 monthly
- Midshipman ₦188,199 monthly
NON COMMISSIONED OFFICERS
- Warrant Chief Petty Officer ₦165,607
- Chief Petty Officer ₦101,564 monthly
- Petty Officer ₦75,231 monthly
- Leading Rating ₦68,674 monthly
- Able Rating ₦60,802 monthly
- Ordinary Rating ₦53,850 monthly
- Trainee ₦10,225 monthly
The pay structure for Nigerian Navy positions like Chief Petty Officer, Petty Officer, Leading Rating, Able Rating, and Ordinary Rating was also discussed. Let’s now discuss the pay scale for the Nigerian Air Force.
THE NIGERIAN AIR FORCE (NAF)
As its name suggests, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the component of the Nigerian Armed Forces in charge of the nation’s air defense. It consists of numerous air force bases dispersed across the nation. In January 1964, the Nigerian Air Force was created. The force began as a transport unit, and at the time it received technical support from West Germany. Its crew received training in Pakistan, Ethiopia, and Canada.
When the NAF acquired several MiG-17 aircraft from the Soviet Union in 1966, it attained its combat capabilities.
The Air Force has 10,000 officers on staff in 2007. The force operates helicopters, transport, trainer, and fighter aircraft. Additionally, it supports the Nigerian Air Force Military School in Jos.
The Nigerian Air Force’s compensation structure is detailed here, starting with the lowest ranking officer, a Trainee, and ending with the highest ranking officer.
- Trainee earns ₦10,207 monthly
- Aircraftman/woman is paid ₦53,092 monthly
- Lance Corporal is paid ₦55,002 monthly
- Corporal collects ₦58,094 monthly
- Sergeant collects ₦69,271 monthly
- Flight Sergeant earns ₦87,100 monthly
- Warrant Officer is paid ₦101,954 monthly
- Master Warrant Officer collects ₦165,697
- Cadet (Trainee) is paid ₦44,594 monthly
- Air Warrant Officer salary is ₦171,763 monthly
- Pilot Officer salary is ₦187,199 monthly
- Flying Officer salary is ₦218,470 monthly
- Flight Lieutenant earns ₦232,494 as monthly salary
- Squadron Leader is paid ₦248,034 monthly
- Wing Comdr earns ₦342,526 monthly salary
- Group Captain earns ₦352,621 monthly
- Air Commodore collects ₦677,825 as monthly salary
- Air Vice-Marshal is paid ₦1,376,323 as monthly salary
- Air Marshal is paid ₦1,486,421 as monthly salary
- Air Chief Marshal earns ₦1,724,223 monthly
WHICH MILITARY OUTFIT IN NIGERIA RECEIVES THE HIGHEST PAY?
The Nigerian Air Force is the highest paid military force in Nigeria, as can be seen from the list of the aforementioned forces and their respective Salary Structure. Both the Nigerian Navy (NN) and the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) are paid more than the Nigerian Army (NA). The information above showing the existing pay scales for our armed personnel in Nigeria makes this clear. The Nigerian Air Force is the military branch in the nation with the highest pay, followed by the Nigerian Navy and the Nigerian Army. You now know which branch of the military to join if you want to make the most money.